Every year during the enrollment period I want to get a copy of the plan document. That's usually a 120 page document that ultimately describes what is covered and what is not, the mutual rights and obligations. This is the document that ultimately lands in court if there is ever a dispute. Especially when changing health insurances they new insurance is reluctant to hand out that plan document. At least, they're sluggish and are dragging their feet. I could eventually always get it, but only have several reminders to the agent, and just a few days before the deadline Dec 15.
Why don't the insurance companies have that already on their websites, ready for download? Why are they so hesitant to hand it out and apply "soft brakes" through administrative slack? In the US one of the prerequisites of a contract is clarity of terms, and there must be a mutual exchange and acceptance of terms, rights, obligations, and disclosures. How can that be done if the insurance company makes it an ordeal to hand out the plan doc? If I don't have it before Dec 15, and I insist on getting it before I decide to pick that insurance company, then strictly speaking I can not pick that insurance plan. This is what every judge would tell me: if you don't understand the terms and conditions, then you can not sign that contract.
What's in it for the insurance company to always make it an issue? They'll either have to do it anyway (eventually), or the patient doesn't become a customer.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét