Thứ Ba, 6 tháng 12, 2022

Medicaid/Badgercare WI & clear aligners

I just recently got approved for Badgercare Plus in Wisconsin. I'm 18 and I have never been to a dentist or received any kind of dental care whatsoever, and my oral hygiene has never been good. I have a family history of bad teeth (my 24 year old sister just got a full set of dentures) and my situation doesn't look much better—I have an overbite, my molars all point different directions which makes it hard to chew, lots of pain, on top of cracks, cavities, etc. I believe some teeth straightening would be considered medically necessary, but I have sensory issues and several anxiety disorders and I would not be able to deal with having metal braces in my mouth, nor endure the procedures to put them in. Would there be any way clear aligners could be covered, like through some sort of referral, (I plan to schedule a HealthCheck exam once my coverage begins, which I read on the state website can be helpful in getting things covered that might not be otherwise) or would I have to pay out of pocket to accommodate the issues I have?

Also, I looked around for the right subreddit for this question and this was the best place I found, but if there's somewhere I might get better answers please let me know. Thank you!



https://ift.tt/oqpkzNg Submitted December 06, 2022 at 06:50AM by fueledbysarcasm https://ift.tt/XEP41sL

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét