Hi everyone! I’m an international student in Denver, CO, and am pretty sure my doctor’s office is double dipping the cost of my visit.
I visited my Dr.’s office for a new patient appointment in the fall. My insurance paid for the visit, and I have the receipt to prove it. A few weeks later, I received a statement from the provider in the mail, stating the insurance claim was “DENIED” & billing me the full amount. I went to their office, showed them the receipt, and they said: “Yeah you’re right, we’ll ‘process it again’ ” and told me not to pay. I said sounds good and left.
Since then, I’ve been continuing to get bills in the mail from the dr's office, for the same visit, again stating “insurance denied” and asking me to pay the full amount. Every time I receive one of these bills, I e-mail the office, telling them I don’t need to pay them, and attach the receipt as proof that the visit had been paid for. I’ve e-mailed them and messaged them through their website portal for months. I’ve never received a response. I just keep receiving the same bill in the mail.
When I visited their office to show them the receipt the first time, the lady behind the desk made a comment about how my insurance company was “playing games.” I’m pretty sure the only person playing games in this situation is my dr’s office, because unless they’re insinuating my insurance company is forging receipts (which is *quite a bold claim*), they’re the ones pretending they didn’t get paid even though they did?
Healthcare fraud: “Healthcare fraud can be committed by medical providers, patients, and others who intentionally deceive the health care system to receive unlawful benefits or payments.”
I’m from Canada so have never had to deal with this kind of thing lmao. Do I speak to a lawyer? Do I visit my Dr. and be more assertive this time, and what do I say? I’m worried bc i’m pretty sure they sent my “bill” to a collection agency now, and i just don’t know how to respond. TIA
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét