I was a fairly healthy kid growing up so we never really did the yearly checkup thing. Now as an adult I'm just confused like... How to go to the doctor when something's wrong?
For years I had an insurance card but no PCP so when I needed to "go to my PCP" for something I couldn't and went to an urgent care (non-ER) place instead. Now I have a pcp on my insurance card because I called them the first time around and they said they'd accept new patients in the new year but I needed them on my insurance card. I have still never actually been to their facility so I'm not sure I even count as a patient of theirs.
Something else has come up that's non urgent but I'm not even sure if a PCP can help with it? Do people usually start general concerns with their PCP and get referred from there? But my concerns with that method are financials & time. When I called them last year they said they could scheduled me for like 3 months out and I was in pain so I didn't want to wait that long. This time I'm not in pain but my fear is what if there IS something wrong and I'm just letting it sit.
And then the money aspect - my insurance card lists copays but the urgent care place didn't charge me anything the day I went but charged me a few hundred a few weeks later. I just want to know how much I'm going to be spending before I go in?? But that seems impossible. I don't know how much a PCP visit would cost outside of the like 20-30$ copay listed on my card. Genuinely don't know what to expect outside of that.
Then my other fear is like. What if they don't even perform the services I need there and they need to send me somewhere else? Then what I'm just out the money for a useless visit and need to pay someone else too.
I'm just CONFUSED 😕
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét