Thứ Hai, 19 tháng 7, 2021

[Question - Other] am I correct about these Epic EMR career assumptions?

10 year healthcare professional here. I think my current company uses Epic but not at my location. We use a different EMR. I’m new to this, trying to explore a career change- I don’t want to work FOR Epic- please correct me if I’m wrong in the following assumptions:

1 I’m thinking I can get hired on at a hospital system and they will train me in the epic module they need. That would get my foot in the door 2 maybe they will pay for further epic certification? 3. I assume since they are only asking for 2 years healthcare experience I would qualify, likely take a paycut not sure how much 4. I assume pay (or future job prospects) can quickly improve so that I am making at least what I am making now ($80k) if not more 5. If I like this career path ( I have no IT background) I assume I may even be able to further my professional opportunities by getting other IT certifications like sql, Python, or who knows 6. I assume this is a strong move for me to make in my career as a middle aged employee. Healthcare - patient care - is tanking in my world but EMRs and technology will just get stronger. 7 I assume that if Epic disappears in 10 years (let’s just assume) that I will still have transferable skills and valuable job experience that I can take to the next big EmR thing whatever it is. Thanks!



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted July 19, 2021 at 08:19AM by OddBullfrog4367 https://ift.tt/3hLnh83

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét