Thứ Hai, 19 tháng 7, 2021

[Question - Insurance] Next step for reduced bill

Background:

My child had a small pimple on her finger that I was concerned was a staph infection. I took her to her doctor who lanced it and took a culture. Charge for culture was $35. Charge for pricking her finger with a needle was $463. Insurance (blue cross) is covering $170.

When I received the bill I was quite surprised because it was the first time we had received any care outside of well child visits. We have been very fortunate. I called the office and asked if there was some mistake because it seemed pretty wild to be charged so much for a needle prick. The office person agreed and said they would have someone call me to see if there was a way to adjust it but no one has called.

I admit that I have very little knowledge of how insurance works and medical charges in general. I don't know if this is something I can fight. I don't know what my next step is. Call billing? Call the doctor's office again? I have heard that you can set up a payment plan to pay very little each month but I would of course rather it be a lower amount before setting that up. I'm not sure if this question is better suited for a different sub. We are trying to rebuild our credit so we don't want this to go to collections but this is quite a bit of money for us.

I wish the doctor would have just told me to pop it at home. It was the size of a freckle and she was prescribed antibiotics.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted July 19, 2021 at 01:40PM by lilyluc https://ift.tt/3kBIcMz

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét