Thứ Sáu, 3 tháng 3, 2023

With the economy as it is, insurance companies as they are, it’s become financially burdensome to be in pain.

I’ve been in pain management for a better part of my adult life. 38M, 5 surgeries since 2015, was overprescribed opiates during the boom in 2012-2013. Stopped taking everything for a few years and got in shape. I was doing well, in 2017 I herniated two discs in my neck, had a discectomy of C5-C6. Since the surgery I found a doctor that was sympathetic to my pain and my past.

December 2022, I had a Grand Mal Seizure and Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT), my heart rate spiked to over 250bpm so was out into a medically induced coma. I woke up a week later, released from the ICU after 10 days.

I have since received a bill from the hospital for over $12,000. the hospital I was at was out of network, I just so happened to be inside of the hospital when I had my medical emergency. By a stroke of luck I was in the right place at the right time or I wouldn’t be alive right now. Blue Cross Blue Shield covered a majority of my stay ($1.2m was the final itemized bill if I’m not mistaken), my problem now is that I have to see specialist after specialist, go to speech/cognitive therapy twice per week, and my pain doctor that I’ve always gone to. I’m at the point where I can’t afford to get healthy and can’t afford to stay sick. The healthcare system in the United States is a Fucking joke!

Each time I step into a doctors office it’s $75-$200 spent that day between appointments and prescriptions.

Rant over.



https://ift.tt/QMduOtH Submitted March 03, 2023 at 09:08AM by Narrow_Finding3352 https://ift.tt/1BRXVIP

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét