Thứ Ba, 2 tháng 8, 2022

Received bill for my daughter from a provider we've never been to, they have my last name wrong, correct but old address, and billed an insurance I've never had. How'd they get my info?

So like the title says, I have received a bill from a Radiology office in the next state over that is incorrect in a number of ways: my last name is wrong (though just one letter off), old (but correct) address, billed NH BCBS when I have MA BCBS, for an appt with them on 7/31/21 for a chest xray on my daughter. My daughter did have a sick appt on 7/31/21 with her pedi, but no radiology done that day-- it was just some covid/rsv tests. They have my my daughter's name right and her correct birthday listed in their system when I called them.

The office will be removing the bill (though this is the second time I've called and they've said that), and it's for a small amount, so I'm not really worried about that. I want to know how did they get my/my daughter's info? My pediatrician is not affiliated with them, my daughter has never been to another doctor other than her pediatrician, neither of us have been to the office in question, and we've never seen the doctor listed on the bill. Is this something I should be concerned about?



https://ift.tt/xbQC6vq Submitted August 02, 2022 at 10:16PM by ImHereForTheCats https://ift.tt/g0OU1ao

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét