Fairly new to the US and I don't want to fall in to any pitfalls. We are insured with Kaiser in North California.
We had an emergency where I was afraid my wife would kill herself and I called 911. It has been a horrible experience, and where I thought she'd be in a hospital getting help, apparently she was locked in a mental ward for a night and a day in horrifying conditions with no help, and saw a doctor for 3min at the end when she was released. (Edit: This was in a different hospital, not kaiser)
Rant aside, we've just received a $4.4k bill for the above privilege (from that hospital, not from Kaiser), with a %30 discount for paying early.
I don't know what to do with this piece of paper. My wife said that they never asked for insurance information. My assumption is that if we send it back with our insurance information, they'll contact our insurance and hopefully that sort of thing is covered by insurance?
But I also don't know if I should instead be contacting Kaiser directly and making a claim and then sending them the bill that I received.
Part of the issue is not wanting this to somehow get lost in the process and being on the hook for the full 4.4k.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét