Thứ Bảy, 9 tháng 4, 2022

Legal Source for the Patient to get access to his Medical Records

What is the legal source that the patient can get copies of all his medical records? My physician makes a terrible monkey dance designed to not hand out any medical records, incl. the last visit notes, to me. For a while he had a sign in the waiting room that said that a fee would be charged for medical records. That is gone now, but he still plays monkey dance to prevent handing them out to me, and his staff of course has to follow. "Notes not ready yet", etc.

I can understand that physicians don't want to get sued, so they hand out as little as possible. But not handing out medical records causes friction that may *result* in a suit. Do I have to *sue* now to get my medical records?

I know from having seen some of it on his screen that a ton is wrong. I don't understand why physicians insist on writing garbage in the chart and then refuse to hand it out.

I had posted here earlier, it was about insisting on corrections. Now they're a step smarter, they refuse to hand anything out -- so I have nothing to base any claims of correction on.

Is this a federal source? State? Or do we not have a any legal source to get copies of our medical records?

Thanks!



https://ift.tt/fHe1bcI Submitted April 09, 2022 at 01:43AM by CantFixMoronic https://ift.tt/EaVJKfn

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét