Thứ Ba, 17 tháng 8, 2021

[Discussion] How do I keep fighting this lab bill for services I never asked for?

A little more than a year ago, I went to the dermatologist to get an allergy test done. I asked my doctor how much it would cost and he clearly tells me $300 without insurance. I say I have insurance and he tells me the allergy test would be completely covered by my insurance and the medical visit fees (3 days x $40). I go ahead and ask to get the allergy test done. I pay $120 for the allergy test and think I'm done.

Next thing I know, I get a bill of >$300 from LabCorp. I check my insurance claims and sure enough, the $120 I paid covered the 3 medical visits, the allergy test, and laboratory services. I find out that the blood work was actually not for the allergy test, but separate. The doctor had ordered 21 tests.

I had clearly asked about the price of the procedure and received a clear answer. I simply asked for an allergy test.

I file a fraud report with my insurance. I call collections and they redirect me to LabCorp where I explain the situation. They tell me that I can call my doctor and he can choose, if he wants, to pay the bill instead. There is no way that will happen when my doctor is the one that gave me false information and ordered an insane amount of tests that were not related to what I asked for.

How do I keep fighting this? I will not pay them a single cent more than I already have. I am 21 and have no income and this case smells of healthcare fraud.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted August 17, 2021 at 12:54PM by freshkohii https://ift.tt/37OqvSl

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét