I work for a small company and have waived the insurance available to me for the last year because it does not offer good coverage. I was waiting until my wedding to join my partners insurance; which offers god-tier insurance.
We got married and now are adding me on to his plan and find out there is a $410/month spousal surcharge. He is currently paying $195/month and it will raise to $850/month. His benefits greatly outweigh what my company’s plan has to offer and we are definitely going to go with his whether we pay the fee or not so that I can get the coverage needed for my health issues.
We would of course rather not pay this exuberant fee and think it is insane considering he works for a healthcare company that promotes “wellness for everyone” I am wondering if anyone has had success in limiting this surcharge, maybe for income adjustments? He makes 70k and I make 67k for reference; $850 a month just seems outrageous.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét