Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 3, 2024

Is Emergency Care bad in all hospitals or just in the hospital chain I go to?

We have insurance with Kaiser Permanent (KP), and in the past 2 years my wife and I have been to the Emergency room a few times. Every time we've gone, we check in, and then are told to wait. Sometimes we wait for 40+ minutes just to be triaged, other times we were moved into a secondary waiting room and weren't triaged for 2 hours.

One time I had an obstruction in my throat, could barely swallow. I didn't see a doctor until 2 hours after I checked in, no triage done, only got attended to a good 4 hours after checking in.

We've had similar experiences going to KP Urgent Care. I had a deep cut on my finger, I was bleeding pretty bad. KP told us we'd have to wait 3 hours to see a doctor because we didn't have an appointment. We drove 2 minutes to Stanford Valley Care and in stark contrast they triaged me super quick and I got a nurse to help stop the bleeding almost immediately, after which I saw a doctor 30-40 minutes later to do some checks and get someone to do my stitches.

Urgent Care and ER are different but this experience made me question if I've been paying a premium for sub-par healthcare. Are other hospitals better than Kaiser when it comes to Emergency? What's the purpose of Emergency if we have to wait hours for someone to see us? What is the emergency room experience like in other hospitals?



https://ift.tt/o83sRIr Submitted March 07, 2024 at 03:32AM by AgumonGreymon https://ift.tt/zVa9loi

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét