Thứ Hai, 7 tháng 8, 2023

Need help for senior year/post-grad plans?

Hello everyone ! I am looking for clarity in my senior year/post-graduation plans. First, I apologize for this being long. I’m aware only I can make my decision, but my college is specialized in education, english, things of that sort which I’m not too interested in; so any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m a rising senior in college graduating in Dec looking to get into healthcare. I’m a psychology major and have not taken any natural sciences (bio, chem, physics). I know this puts me at a disadvantage but I realized late in my journey. I’ve taken neuroscience, psych and data analytics classes. I am passionate about healthcare and improving the overall patient care. I’m working a public health job now.

I’m interested in healthcare management or administration. My career goal is managing a neuroscience/psychiatry clinical or a hospital. My ideal is to review strategies physicians/surgeons use, implement new strategies/treatments, run and maintain the clinic/office, approve medical devices, be beside them when testing patients for research. I’m also interested in program management and DEI.

How has anyone’s experience in these job fields been and are there any careers of my interests that I listed?

There’s a program that allows you to begin taking master classes in your senior year. It’s an MPH in Health Policy and Management. The application is due very soon, and I’m considering applying and getting my MPH. I’m also looking into an MS in Healthcare Management next fall. There’s MBA programs too. How is the job outlook and salary expectations for MPH, MS and MBA? Money isn’t everything but I live in an expensive city so it’s fairly important. What degree do employers need more? How’s has your journey been going to grad school straight after undergrad or should I wait?

If healthcare doesn’t work out (I’ve been applying to jobs, some hits and some misses) I’m also looking at psych jobs like guidance counselor. Anyone with experience in this or any job in psych that pays well, BA and or MA/MS education and relates to psychiatry/neuroscience? I’m also interested in the entertainment business, music or film. If any experience in this can be shared, please feel free to do so!

So that wraps up my current dilemma of my “Oh shoot I’m graduating college soon, what am I going to do?” Thank you all if you read this, liked this, or shared your advice. I am enterally grateful!! :)



https://ift.tt/aFY1WXn Submitted August 07, 2023 at 09:25PM by wwwhereismymind https://ift.tt/2Wtr0Qe

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét