Thứ Năm, 4 tháng 5, 2023

Is LGBTQ primary care discriminating against straight people and denying them access to care?

My brother recently claimed he was discriminated against for being straight because a hospital told him that primary care was only accepting LGBTQ patients at this time. I tried to explain to him that LGBTQ patients have unique needs (PrEP, sexual healthcare, transition care, HRT, etc) and often encounter medical discrimination from providers. I also said that the hospital likely established a LGBTQ primary care specialty and hired staff specifically to meet these needs. I've worked in behavioral health and have seen this done (e.g., LGBTQ focused tracks for postdocs at the VA). He said that one group shouldn't be "denied access" to care because of the other group, and he wants to "get them in trouble" for discrimination.

I am wondering if anyone here can shed light on the administrative or legal compliance side of this issue. Is this sexual orientation discrimination? Thank you.



https://ift.tt/W7fUyG3 Submitted May 04, 2023 at 12:35AM by DantesInfernape https://ift.tt/eMmZiJ7

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét