I provide mostly non-medical support for my son, who is a complex patient: 2 autoimmune diseases, spinal surgery patient (for the second time), and several neuro and psychological issues. He pretty much handles the medical stuff himself, relies heavily on MyChart, exports his appts to his Google calendar, and so on. In 2022 I counted 140+ patient encounters in his MyChart so it's kind of a full time job for him.
He gives me full access to his MyChart and medical records and providers as well. On occasion he will have me take notes and make lists of questions for appts with specialists.
I was going through some of his MyChart history today (the way it is set up it's pretty awful to accomplish that. For visits you cannot specify a time frame (just keep hitting "more visits"), to filter for a particular doctor you have to know the first name because that is how they order the list, and as soon as you look at one visit, you have to start all over with any filters and remember which one you just looked at, and you cannot export anything.
Anyway, I am noticing things that he is supposed to do at home (PT stuff), sort term and long term goals you find in an individual visit that seem to get forgotten about, and I wonder--why is there no function for an overall patient plan of care including goals and plans for, say, ongoing treatment with a particular provider, to have a 360 degree view of the whole business? It's all within one provider system.
As a kid he was on an IEP in school. None of his IEPs were much good, but at least they had a summary of current functioning, a list of goals/objectives, and a list of services needed to reach them. Why do I not see anything like this from his provider? Do some providers do this?
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét