Hey y’all. I might cross-post this to r/pharmacy but thought I would come here first because honestly, I’m at a loss. I’m a pharmacy tech (in retail) and am currently completing the prerequisites to apply to nursing school. I was basically clueless about health insurance until I became a tech a year and a half ago and it’s been an eye opening experience to say the least.
I’m just wondering if anyone is familiar with patient assistance programs for their medications, specifically for insulin? I’ve had so many (too many) patients who are on Medicare come to pick up their insulin but even after insurance (and they are not in the donut hole) tell me to put their medication back because they can’t afford it. It kills me. I always look for manufacturer’s coupons for the patients who aren’t on Medicare but those don’t work if you’re enrolled in Medicare. I know these assistance programs exist, and have causally recommended looking into the programs but a lot of the patients are a bit technologically challenged and if they’re already discouraged, they will become overwhelmed faster. I was reading a bit about the program available for Ozempic, and patients with MedD can qualify but before I start really recommending this to patients how easy is it to get accepted? Does it work like a coupon where you get a certain amount of fills per year? Or if a dosage is changed do they have to reapply? It seems like their doctor would also have to fill out a form and income will be a factor, and am sure there’s at least a little bit of red tape to contend with, but is it worth it? I just don’t want to push something if there’s a good chance it won’t work out, and with working 40-50 hours a week and taking classes I barely have time to breathe, let alone make calls. But I still want to help.
If this is the wrong sub for this post, my apologies. And sorry for the formatting, I’m on mobile. xx
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét