Some back story, my grandfather is old but incredibly lucid. He was admitted to the hospital Friday after he was having difficulty breathing and collapsed. The hospital waited 4 days to do a stress test and is waiting to do an angiogram tomorrow. He will likely need stunts or bypass.
My grandfather has expressed a few times he would like to see his cardiologist at a different hospital.
That hospital has one of the best cardiology departments in the country as opposed to here he is which is very much in the bottom.
My family seems to think he’s being ridiculous. My father has proxy and said “well I had stents put in there and I’m fine” but he was 40 not nearly 80.
My family from when I visited him over the weekend seems to have convinced his care team his is not fully with it and cannot speak for himself. He may be the most hard headed man alive and hard of hearing but he’s sharp as a tack.
I want the best outcome for him and if I had proxy I would of moved him day one when they ran no tests despite his O2 dropping to 81 everytime he walks a few feet.
Can I call the patient advocate line to see if they can talk to him without my family present to make sure he hasn’t actually changed his mind about moving hospitals and that his wishes are being respected? I’m just unsure on if that’s something they can actually help with.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét