Thứ Tư, 3 tháng 2, 2021

[discussion] HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE WITH GYNOCOLOGIST DURING COMPLICATED IUD REMOVAL , I’m scared she may have done damage :(

Gyno appointment on feb 2 ,

My experience ... - I was already having anxiety for my gynocology appointment as I have never seen a gynocologist and the gynocologist I got referred to appeared to have some very bad reviews in which I tried to tell myself I should take them with a grain assault and kind of brushed them off ( big mistake ... ) , this referral was due to a general physician not being able to retrieve my IUD after multiple attempts , I had x rays and ultrasounds done which showed my IUD had migrated and was no longer in its original position as well as the strings were way up in my uterus . The General physician told me he would not attempt going further when he realized how far up they were because the pain would be to substantial to handle in which he decided to refer me to a gynocologist and told me they have better tools and more resources to deal with complicated IUD removals such as mine . Anyways I go to the appointment and was already highly anxious .. the gynocologist came in to the room after some time and was appeared immediately dismissive and disinterested in my health history , she asked if I had a previous pregnancy and I told her yes but that I had an abortion , she then asked me why I want my iud out in which I told her my partner and I are ready to have a baby . She began asking if I had any prior issues with my iud in which I responded I had on and off shorting pains and cramping through the 2 years I had it but was told nothing was wrong , during this conversation she wasn’t listening and was clattering around medical instruments for the procedure . I voiced to her I was anxious and scared when I saw all the instruments that would be used , she was quick to scold me and not look and was dismissive of my feelings over the procedure and kept getting things ready . I brushed this off and took a few deep breaths and just thought maybe I was being a baby . The nurse then came in and the gynocologist mocked me and told the nurse I was scared and they both started laughing and the gynocologist took one of the instruments and rattled it in the packaging infront of my face. Without asking if I was ready the nurse pulled up the covering I had over me I’m which I proceeded to get ready for the procedure , the gynocologist said it would be 15 seconds ( complete lie ) without any warning of what she was doing she stuck in the speculum and started the procedure , it was immediately insanely painful ( I have a very high pain tolerance ) and nothing like my previous experience ( even my abortion was a more pleasant experience ) , I started moving due to the intense pain in which she didn’t stop the procedure despite me saying I couldn’t handle it , the nurse continues to hold my knees spared and they both scolded me for moving around , eventually she asked if she wanted me to stop in which I cried yes . She pulled everything out end was visibly irritated and mad , she started sternly telling me I can’t move and that she couldn’t see because I moved and kept going on in which the nurse was chiming in . When I asked what my other options were she said “ surgery but there’s no ORs right now so over a year “ in the most rude tone . I immediately started crying and couldn’t hold it in , between the pain , the way I was being treated and being told I have no options was hard for me to handle . While I was crying both of them provided zero support and instead continued to be rude and condescending towards me . I told them I needed a few minutes to get myself together and to call my partner and to maybe try again in ten minutes . I called my partner and absolutely was breaking down and shaking like a leaf . They eventually came back in and I said I wanted to try again as I couldn’t wait a year for surgery . She then did it again and I meditated through it but it was excruciating . Again I was given no emotional support from either the dr or the nurse . After she was done there was blood all over the table in which they left me to sit in . I got off the table with the dr still in the room and I had no clothes on other then my sweater . Instead of her leaving the room to let me change she decided to talk to me about everything while I stood there with blood running down my legs . She then gave me a medication without telling me what it was till after then indicated to me it was a Tylenol 3 ( didn’t ask about allergies , or offer alternate medication considering I have bad side effects to Tylenol’s ) I took it so quick because I was in so much pain . She then proceeded to tell me I should reevaluate getting pregnant due to my reaction of crying in her office and stayed I may not be ready to handle it ( all in a Condescending tone) I asked her if I could have something to clean myself up as there was blood everywhere in which she handed me a Kleenex box . We then parted our ways and I sat and cried for a couple minutes as I got dressed and left . The whole drive home I bawled my eyes out and couldn’t get myself together or comprehend that the experience was even real . I am a nurse in healthcare and never imagined another healthcare profession let alone a gynocologist treat their patients in such a disrespectful undignified manner when dealing with such a personal area of the body as well as discussing motherhood/ pregnancy etc . I am so disgusted end have felt so sick to my stomach all day . I am considering writing a formal complaint as well as letting the referring physician know he should not be referring to that gynocologist . I just don’t want ANYONE going through what I went through today . I consider myself a pretty tough woman but this really hit me hard . Any advice ?



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted February 03, 2021 at 01:11PM by schretties https://ift.tt/3oKivru

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét