Last year during Covid I didn’t have health insurance so I applied for “Presumptive Eligibility” through my states Medicaid and got coverage from April to October. After that was up I reapplied and got coverage from October to December 31st, 2020. Starting the first I was added to my wife’s healthcare plan so I am covered now and don’t need it anymore, and never applied again.
A few days into 2021 I got letter and ID card from an MCO (I think it’s called) saying I had coverage starting the 1st through Medicaid. I logged into their website and it said I had coverage until sometime in May (I think) and I never applied for it. Over the last couple of days I talked to various people on the phone through my States Medicaid program and people in MCO (am I using the correct term here? It’s like a group under the Medicaid I think?) and was told various different things. Today I called my States Medicaid office and they said that it was a glitch in their system and I can’t cancel it and my eligibility ended on the 31st. Then why did I get the card just now, and why does the website say I have it until the May?
After talking to the Medicaid office I called the MCO to “cancel” my membership and they said I can’t cancel, and that it automatically enrolled me and she said I didn’t have to use it and can throw away the card if I want. I asked her if it would be an issue if I had to go to the doctor and had Medicaid as well as my wife’s healthcare and she said no.
Would a glitch in their system cause me to extent my presumptive eligibility automatically? Is it an issue being in my wife’s healthcare plan as well as having presumptive eligibility through Medicaid? I don’t want something to happen and end up having to go to the doctor and then it being an issue having both of them.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét