Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 1, 2021

[Discussion] Anyone else find it appalling how many people are still coughing and sneezing into their hands?

[Discussion]

A global pandemic, over a million dead. A fourth of them in the US. And yet everywhere I go people are STILL coughing and sneezing into their HANDS! What is the deal with this? Why haven’t the CDC, WHO or any world leaders spoken out against this staggeringly common idiotic practice? Yes, I realize based on what we know the primary vehicle of transmission is the inhalation of aerosol droplets but blowing them into your hand and then contaminating everything you touch has to be accounting for a significant unchecked portion of the spread. I can’t handle it, it infuriates me to see people practice such moronic behavior with everything we know about the spread of disease. Even preschoolers are now taught to cough/sneeze into the crook of their arm.

It’s bothered me for years, and if there was ever an opportunity for it to be brought to a halt now is the time, yet the most I have seen is “cover your cough with your sleeve or a Kleenex.” Coughing or sneezing into a tissue is basically the same as your bare hand. I would bet serious money that if this practice were heavily discouraged or even somehow banned we would see an enormous impact on both covid and flu numbers.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted January 07, 2021 at 01:39AM by Eddie-Nash https://ift.tt/3930m2q

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét