I enjoy the healthcare work environment! Almost all of my prior work experience has been in healthcare and I seem to have the right temperament for a career in the field.
I am evaluating a few different degree options (I already have a Bacheor’s) for a long-term healthcare career, but I am very concerned about some of the associated practical issues.
-
Salary is a large concern for me by nature of necessity due to living in a very expensive coastal city. I am a 31 year old man who expects to have a family in the future and I need to make a reasonably consummate income for an expensive city with those considerations in mind.
-
My one major personal preference is a career that allows me a lot of flexibility in regards to working hours. Luckily, there seems to be reasonable options in this regard within healthcare. This is very important to me and is the one completely preferential component that I consider a necessity.
-
Lastly, the amount of preparation required is a major practical consideration. I have expenses. If there is any significant amount of unpaid interning required where I don’t have access to some kind of financial support (student aid and the like), then that’s going to pose a significant problem. On the other side, if there are online education options available or if the amount of time/money spent on education is less than other options, then that is a huge plus (but certainly not required).
Some of the options I am considering are as below. I’d really appreciate any insight in regards to these options as per the preferences I’ve noted, or other suggestions that might be worth consideration per those preferences. Obviously I have different levels of interest and aptitude for some of these different careers, which is something I intend to consider very, very thoroughly.
Some considerations: Occupational therapy, Speech-language pathology, Nursing, Psychotherapy, Behavior Analysis (BCBA), and Dental Hygiene.
I’d really appreciate any insight, and thank you very much!
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét