Thứ Ba, 20 tháng 10, 2020

[Discussion] A question directed to people from the US, regarding health insurance costs and how much you pay in tax.

I hope this is OK to post here, I cannot seem to find a subreddit where this is appropriate.

I live in the UK, where we have socialised healthcare.

In the US, as I understand it, the argument against having social healthcare is that you don't want to pay high taxes like Europeans do. I just worked out that if I lived in the US I would be paying more for income tax (not including the other stuff deducted out of your paychecks) than I currently do for my income tax and national insurance combined.

I just looked it up and the average cost of health insurance for an individual is $574 per month (4 times my total deductions) and family is $1,634 (which is slightly more than what I pay for tax and NI per YEAR). I'm not sure how accurate this is.

My question is, could you share with me: roughly how much you earn, how much you pay in total deductions, and how much you pay for insurance? I want to see if my theory is correct, that we in Europe in fact pay much less for our healthcare than your politicians would have you believe.

I'll start. In the tax year of 2019-2020 I earned £307.69 ($398.29) per week, I paid £9.36 ($12.12) in tax and £14.21 ($18.40) in National Insurance per week; National Insurance funds healthcare, welfare and state pension for the entire population, including those who don't work.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted October 20, 2020 at 10:19AM by smeghead9916 https://ift.tt/35dtthz

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét