Thứ Ba, 1 tháng 9, 2020

[Other] Why Americans Don’t Seek Healthcare..

A few months back, I had stomach issues. Pooping and puking (not Covid). After a couple days, I decide to go to urgent care. They tell me go to the ER, in case they need an ultrasound. It’s the beginning of summer in Cali, so it’s warm outside. They have the AC set to 65. I get checked in and spend the next 6 hours freezing in the waiting area along with a dozen others. It’s finally my turn to go back and get checked out. I get an IV saline. They take a single vial of blood. 30 minutes, doctor comes in and asks me a couple questions. 15 more minutes a nurse tells me they can’t find anything wrong, so they give me some Imodium and something to numb my stomach, then send me home. I got my bill yesterday. After my insurance paid their part (which I spend a lot of money on monthly), I still owe 3000$. 3 grand for an hour in a freezing room, saline, and a couple spoonfuls of medicine. Americans don’t seek healthcare because we can’t afford to. Not only did I miss a day of pay, but now I have a 3000$ bill to contend with.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted September 01, 2020 at 09:36PM by randubis https://ift.tt/34RGvme

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét