I moved back to Arizona to help my mother, and I'm a bit confused on the insurance she is eligible for. She is in her early 60s and considered SMI (seriously mentally ill) by the state. Her only income is from SSDI. Social security for disability. Her health insurance is from the state run program, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
For years, she has paid out of pocket for vision and dental, which is challenging because she lives off of less than $1,000 a month. From what I understand, if she were to get health insurance from SSDI, she could get supplemental insurance for vision and dental.
My question/concern is this, if she were to get insurance through Medicare since she is disabled, would that somehow impact her qualifications for AHCCCS? With her current coverage, there is no co-pays or out of pocket costs, so we don't want to lose that.
Any guidance or direction is immensely appreciated.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét