Thứ Sáu, 24 tháng 7, 2020

[Question - Other] Should I get lab work done by QuestDirect or my primary care physician?

I am debating between going through QuestDirect to get some testing done for some digestive issues or going to my primary care doctor where I will likely have to pay completely out of pocket for the visit as well as lab testing.

I have never visited my primary because I got my annual at the gynecologist this year. So I don't know if I can send him the results and get guidance and or prescriptions without having to come in for an actual visit. Questdirect says the results are overseen by a physician from PWNHealth but I can't find any info on if they can prescribe medications or how extensive their guidance will go. I'm trying to save as much money as I can so my fear is that I'll pay for tests from QuestDirect and still have to pay to visit my primary care doctor to have him prescribe medication if needed.

I do have Anthem insurance but they said I will have to pay out of pocket against my deductible and the doctor would file a claim and then they would bill me. When I called the doctors office for an estimate and provided my insurance info they said it didn't show them how much I'd have to pay. But with QuestDirect I know exactly what I will be paying upfront. This is my first time having insurance in years so I'm sort of confused on how all this works. Does anyone have any advice or this?

Thanks in advance.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted July 24, 2020 at 01:24AM by Mel_Ka_Bell https://ift.tt/3jCYDFI

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét