My therapist of 5+ years recently asked me to call up my insurance company because claims she was submitting after our sessions were being denied. This turned out to be a minor problem which has been resolved but in the process I decided to look through all the claims she submitted to my insurance over the years. Turns out that she had been charging for sessions even during weeks where I'd been traveling for months abroad. She never asked me to pay a copay for these sessions but the insurance company has paid her for those appointments even though I never visited her in person. I never recall signing any contract where she'd told me that she'd charge me/my insurance in full if I missed sessions. I understand this might be the case if I missed a few appointments but in my case she knew in advance that I'd be gone for months so it's not just a few missed appointments. Something seems really fishy to me and I'm even more disappointed I didn't check all the claims she submitted in the past. I mean it's my therapist and I share some of my most personal issues with her including childhood trauma. I feel cheated and will bring this up with her tomorrow. Google tells me that this is definitely insurance fraud but I'm not a 100% sure.
Thank you for any advice you could provide.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét