Thứ Năm, 4 tháng 6, 2020

Is my employer commiting health insurance fraud? [Question - insurance]

Is my employer taking advantage of me and staff and commiting health insurance fraud?

Hi all , I hope I’ve come to the right place.

I work at a private medical practice of 15 staff including the owner of the practice the Specialist .

Today he told us he is partnering up with some lab whose come out with a rna test for covid (nasal swab) . The test has been granted EUA by the FDA.

This company approached my employer regarding a clinical study/covid screening employee program that would entail a mini questionaire to fill out everyday asking about any symptoms (this is okay I think) but the other part of the program is testing the ENTIRE staff with the nasal swab rna test at least twice a week for 30-45 days.

My employer says that this screening program is mandatory and the test will be billed through our insurance... Our insurance is HMO through the employer.

My question would therefore be... Is my employer taking advantage of us by way of collecting the reimbursements he will recieve from the high frequency of testing 15 staff members twice a week? I haven't looked at the cash price of this test but It just feels like this screening program is just dressed up as a "clinical study" . Isnt the insurance company going to look at the fact I keep getting a nasal swab test done twice a week and say" hey what the heck is this?" And then ill be stuck with a HUGE bill for all the covid testing I did? I'm fairly new working in healthcare and my knowledge of healthcare economics is still a bit lacking ...anyways Nothing is set in stone yet regarding implementation of this program but I fear retaliation if I speak with coworkers.

Thanks , and appreciate any input.



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted June 04, 2020 at 09:41PM by Jakjak81 https://ift.tt/2AH9YCE

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét