Thứ Ba, 28 tháng 5, 2019

[Question - Insurance] My father was admitted to ER for spinal fluid buildup in his back, but the hospital doesn't want to treat him because he doesn't have health insurance. What can I do?

My father is 64 years old and lives in South Florida. He is only a year short of getting medicaid. He has his social security income, and no health insurance. He was admitted to Del Ray Beach Hospital near Miami a week ago, but he is being told they won't operate on him for the spinal fluid leak in his back and he should try physical therapy instead.

I've done some research on his condition. He definitely needs surgery. Otherwise the condition can lead to meningitis. He can't even walk with the fluid buildup in his back.

Is there any way I can talk some sense into the hospital administrators?

I live in NYC, which makes it difficult to care for him. What are my options?



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted May 28, 2019 at 08:58PM by B-lovedWanderer http://bit.ly/2HHee61

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét