Chủ Nhật, 26 tháng 5, 2019

Fuck health insurance [discussion]

I've been struggling with severe mental health issues for about a year now, progressively getting worse as time goes on. I finally got admitted to a residential program. They told me my insurance approved me but that there was a 2 month waiting list. The next day they called me and said they had an opening that day. I jumped at the chance and went. On my third day, my insurance called me and said I had to leave because they would not approve me to be there. After making several calls, I found out that some doctor had decided I did not meet the criteria to be there. The program psychiatrist and my regular psychiatrist both told insurance that I needed the program. So basically some random doctor who has never met me is the one saying that I do not need care. I had to leave and am approved to do an outpatient program that I already did and did not help me because "that's all I need ".

They said I could appeal the case but it will take at least 30 days as I do not qualify for an expedited appeal. The problem with this is that I had to leave the program already...

Apparently I do not qualify. I am not severely mentally ill enough. 5 ER visits 2 psych ward admissions for feeling suicidal, self harm, impulsive behavior, aggression, mood swings, constant suicidality, going from a full time job to unable to work... none of these things are considered severe. I honestly have no idea what is considered severe. Do I need to attempt suicide several times before I am able to receive help?? I am so lost...



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted May 25, 2019 at 11:04PM by priz24601 http://bit.ly/30IERPr

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét