Thứ Năm, 3 tháng 1, 2019

[Question - Insurance] Suspicious Clinic + Health Insurance Issues/Delay - Advice appreciated!

Hi Reddit,

​

I just switched to a new healthcare plan (HMO) and after choosing my PCP, the plan reassigned me another one because the one I selected was booked.

​

I tried to schedule an appointment with the PCP (for something relatively urgent) but the clinic said my doctor wasn't accepting new patients.

​

What was also very strange is the clinic mentioned they were a 'subscription based membership' that cost around $200/year to use... so even if my PCP was available, I'd have to subscribe to a $200/year membership (that wasn't disclosed to me by my insurance plan) to schedule an appointment? *I'm hoping I misinterpreted the call; maybe the $200 was an optional fee to use their accessory android apps..?

​

Anyway, switching PCPs is apparently a long and arduous process. So now I have to wait a week for the health insurance to try to resolve the issue...

​

Seems like the clinic and/or health insurance goofed up and now I'm paying for non-existent healthcare.

​

​

Is there anything I can/should do? (Should I request a partial refund for the month? What would've happened if someone much sicker than me needed to be seen/treatment this week?)

​

Thanks so much and happy 2019!

- Note: I live in California, USA / Plan: Western Health Advantage / Clinic: "One Medical"



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted January 03, 2019 at 06:08AM by phoenixscar http://bit.ly/2LL63WE

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét