Thứ Sáu, 27 tháng 7, 2018

[Question - Other] Will my mom lose Medicaid if she starts working?

We are a household of 3 adults (my parents and I) and I'm a college student (currently not working). My dad works full time at a rate of 11/hr. My mom has been unemployed but she just got hired at a new place at a rate of 11/hr. She has a big surgery scheduled in two months which we cannot afford to pay if she starts working. When I tried to tell my mom about losing her benefits and not being able to pay for the surgery without going into debt, she told me that she is only being scheduled for 3o hrs/week.

So I did some math to try to convince my mom:

133% of FPL (2018) for a household of 3 = $27,637 dad's income = 11 (rate) \* 40 (hrs/week) \* 52 (weeks in a year) = $22,880 To remain eligible: $27,637 - $22,880 = $4757 / year which roughly translates to working 8 hrs/week, which is way below what my mom is being scheduled to work. 

Am I misunderstanding how Medicaid's income eligibility works or am I right?



https://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted July 26, 2018 at 11:10PM by KevinKZ https://ift.tt/2v3gxIU

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét