Hello,
I'm sorry if this is long but I'm honestly at the end of my rope and don't know what to do.
I'm currently a 23 year old university student. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 18, but over the last 5 years I've also been diagnosed/treated for anxiety, depression, and severe insomnia. I've been in college and working entry jobs off and on since I was 16, but I've failed out multiple times and lost almost every job because my mind is so slow and inattentive and I couldn't perform. I've been prescribed dozens of drugs from multiple doctors for all the above issues over the last 5 years, but almost every drug does nothing, and the ones that do anything only help slightly. I've been seeing the school psychiatrist for free the last year, but nothing we've tried has worked either.
I am in a perpetual state of exhaustion from lack of sleep, and even on the rare days I do sleep, my mind is still so slow that I'm almost to the point of being disabled. I just got a summer job at Subway and based on how the first week has gone I don't think I'll be able to keep it.
I haven't had insurance since I was a child, and I can't even come close to affording it now. I think my problems are treatable, but after 5 years of medications not helping, I think I need more specialized treatment, like a sleep study or an MRI scan, but I have no way to afford these without insurance.
I'm from Virginia, so medicaid isn't an option for me. I'm going to apply for Disability, but the chances of me getting it are basically non-existent. I've also contacted free clinics in the area. They offer primary care and some psychiatric care, which I'm going to try but again if nothing the last 5 years has worked I'm not very optimistic. I've looked into healthcare sharing programs, but they won't start covering pre-existing conditions for at least a year - although I'm going to see if I can budget and afford it.
Is there any other route I can take? My lifelong dreams have been crushed and I don't know how I'm going to live longterm. All of the alternatives above that I've looked into are no guarantee and may end up just costing a lot of time and money.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét