Chủ Nhật, 28 tháng 1, 2018

Is it possible to sue a hospital for ridiculously high prices?

Is it possible to sue a hospital for ridiculously high prices?

I'm searching around online, trying to find news stories or other accounts of anyone that has sued a hospital for simply having ridiculously high prices. Under what law? I'm wondering about price gouging laws, or anything similar. Perhaps in small claims court, but any other state or local district court with any kind of applicable law on the books would be possible as well.

Essentially, I have a situation that is probably very common with everyone else and hospitals. A hospital ER charged me $900 for a coded procedure. And that same exact coded procedure can be had in an outpatient setting for $40 to $70 from a wide range of providers. A 15x to 20x markup factor.

If nothing else, I might just try to take a loose interpretation of my local price gouging laws to the local small claims court, and see if anything happens.

I am thoroughly convinced that the absence of price transparency, and the freedom of a hospital to essentially grab your social security number and go hog wild with it on charges, is at the root of our health care problems in this country. And the most direct proof is that every single hospital around me is funneling all of their "nonprofit" excess revenue into massive new fancy steel and glass buildings. So I want to figure out how to fight back.



http://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted January 28, 2018 at 06:24AM by hobbers http://ift.tt/2DUxdci

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét