Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 12, 2017

Healthcare gap moving states

I have a question on how best to manage heath care moving across states. Key information:

  • current coverage from previous employer in state A ends 12/31. I am eligible for cobra.
  • moving to state B end of January
  • new coverage in for new employer is effective in state B across country on 3/1.
  • wife is 4 months pregnant, so want to maintain coverage.

So cobra is an option, but likely any New doctor in state B will be out of network for current plan.

Can I cobra for Jan, join network in state b for feb, then join new employer in March? I know losing my insurance opens special enrollment, but I read that accepting cobra closes that. Does moving to a new state open up a second special enrollment period?



http://ift.tt/eA8V8J Submitted December 27, 2017 at 04:07AM by part2ent http://ift.tt/2pCwuq5

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét