(I’m writing this assuming this is a U.S.-centric sub)
Last year I lost my insurance through Tricare as a dependent and applied for Blue Cross during a special enrollment period. I was able to get a $0 monthly premium plan for some reason. 100% financial help. Around December I received a letter saying my premium was predicted to go up to $32 a month and I thought great, I can do that. I was shocked this would even be possible in America where most people are paying thousands of dollars a year for healthcare.
Turns out, it was too good to be true and my monthly premium for 2021 will be $476. I called the marketplace I applied through and they informed me the predicted income I put in was just below the threshold for help. I do freelance/independent work mostly and I have no idea what I’ll make this year considering covid so I just put my best guess. I told them “so basically, last year I made MORE money but got full financial help, and this year I will make LESS and have to pay full price?” They just laughed and said it doesn’t make sense to them either.
I can’t afford, nor want to pay $476 a month for healthcare. What options do I have? I’ve been applying only to jobs that offer health insurance hoping I can get in entry level.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét