I hope this is the correct place to ask question about billing. I went for an ultrasound last month. Ultrasound cost was $400, United insurance discount was $60, and then my responsibility was $340. I was offered 12% discount of $340 if I paid on the spot, so I paid it and went my merry way. I reviewed the EOB from United and everything looks good.
Two weeks later I received a bill of $60 for the same service. The statement shows $400 total cost, my payment, and that 12% discount. The statement doesn’t show United insurance discount of $60. I called and sent them the EOB. Today the hospital said that they made final decision that I still owe that $60 and can offer 12% discount if I pay it in 10 business days. I was going nowhere with their billing department.
I am wondering who should I ask for help to resolve this issue? I don’t want this $60 to destroy my credit but I don’t think it is right to pay them while United has an agreement with them for reduced price. Thank you.
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét