Greetings r/healthcare,
I am 25/m and recently graduated from Cal State University, Northridge with a B.S in Health Administration. I recently got my first in-field job working in Compliance under the Compliance Officer of a large Medical Group.
I am looking to start my graduate studies in the Fall of 2017 in order to help with career advancement. My main question is, what would be more beneficial – an MBA or an MHA? I would be attending CSUN again for my Masters, as I am not looking to go heavily in debt to attend a "top" program. If regards to the MHA, CSUN is CAHME accredited.
I have spoken to top professionals and I often get mixed reviews on which would be more beneficial. I have heard both – “The MBA will make you a better-rounded individual, get that” and even “The MHA is more relevant to the field, get that”.
One thing I do feel the need to mention is, the MHA will cost be about $14,000 and the MBA about $28,000 (due to additional “professional fees”). I have flirted with the idea of getting the MHA now, and possibly getting the MBA down the line when I am making more money (then I may be able to afford a top university).
While I do plan to keep my main career within the healthcare industry, I have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and plan to start ventures in various fields outside of healthcare possibly down the line. I figured this would be worth mentioning as well.
I am looking for any and all advice, I truly appreciate you all!
0 nhận xét:
Đăng nhận xét